As Benjamin Wooten writes, now with only two commands:
- We get a deployment platform which gives us resilience, robustness, failover and fault tolerance for our containers.
- We get load balancing and a routing mesh which makes service discovery simple.
- We can use our server resources more efficiently with various allocation strategies.
- We can scale containers up and down with one command.
- Communications within the cluster are secured with dynamically rotating certificates.
Ever since, I have been reading more, such as this piece about setting up a swarm with Raspberry Pi systems.
Now I am curious… how are any of you reading this using Docker Swarm? What are doing with it? I am intrigued and curious to do more…